Search This Blog

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Going Green and other thoughts

                                                                                              Wildwoods 2008

Ever wondered if there was a way to recycle all of the contest paperwork that was left over from your contest? You are not the only one. After reading this blog, Lynn Bowes, current IAC Director and Registrar extrodinaire contacted me to suggest we use the blog to post paperwork left over from contests.  I think this is a great idea! So I have created another page titled: Go Green - Paper Supplies for Contests.  It might take awhile to catch on, but could be very helpful to all the registrars in the later contests. (Sorry - this will have a trickle down effect and the first contests of the year won't benefit much.)
Here's how it will work:
1.Post your left over contest paperwork
2.Someone sees your post and asks for your left overs.
3.The person requesting the paperwork will pay for shipping.  (I noticed you can send Media mail for about $6 or so for up to 10lbs.)  Sender and Receiver can work out how they want to do the money transaction between them.
4. Voila! Printed contest materials arrive at your door!
So, Let's give it a try!


On another subject, I've hit a stumbling block on my training video. The intro piece I made on a little laptop I've been carrying around for a few years and unfortunately the laptop died.  I had not backed up the piece - so I get to rebuild. :(  On the upside, I filmed myself building clipboards last week and plan to move forward with the training video itself. Hopefully I will have something to post on that soon.

I could still use some help with the training video aspect.  Would love to hear suggestions. EVEN more - would love if anyone could send me some video clips.  I'd like a registrar checking in a competitor and some footage of building clipboards and sending paperwork out to the judge's line.  (Depending on video clip size we may have to utilize YouTube and send me the link.)
I have come to realize I wont' be getting this project done for this spring like I hoped, but will keep plugging along and just get it done when it's done.  Oh well...

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to hear from you if you have left over paperwork! I'm lazy this year and would love to pay to have you ship me your leftovers! Lorrie penn.lorr@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete